Theres this picture. I found it this morning. Of me, as a 15-year-old schoolgirl, with stupid blonde hair worn in a braid. eyes smudged with black kohl eyeliner. i wore eye make up to school, yes. I can't have it published here though.
i was a naughty one. wore eye make up. dyed my hair. wore tudung to school to conceal the dye and took it off once i was out of the school gate. seriously bad. haha never mind. as bad as i was the school called me back to give a speech okay!
lets drop it.
Its a nice picture, I must admit. Oh,no, not the subject. Well, since I cant have it published I have all say on it, no?
Its in sepia. i was half pouting/half smiling,the way i always do, wearing the school baju kurung.
a guy was sitting next to me, he was in school uniform too, sticking his tongue out.
we looked like a couple of punks, but happy.
then it all came back to me.
of all seat in the almost empty bus he chose the one at the most back, the one near where i was sitting. he was bald, and tall. he was with his two friends, all clad in their school uniforms.
i stole a glance. Anderson. The school.
i said, moving my heavy school bag to give way for them. they sat, and talked a bit, before lighting some cigarettes.
i coughed. it was unintentionally, i swear. its the smoke. its my lungs. i tried to be as polite as possible. i mean, its a free country. but still, i coughed.
he asked, looking straight at me. i feel blood rushing up to my face.
i felt like a disabled person.
he gave the expression like he thought i was going to die or something; worried. then he threw his cigarette on the floor and stepped on it.
i heard one of his friend said.
i was being stupid, not knowing what to say to a guy who threw his cigarette away upon knowing i cant stand it.
then his friend pulled his ear and whispered loudly. paradox.
he purposedly made it loud so i could hear. the boys were funny.
We never had each others contact number. except for Myspace, which was a hit then, we had no way to contact each other. I did not have a hand phone. but we pretty much knew where each other lived.
It seems that fate has it, we always bumped into each other after school, taking the same bus home. the Rapid-like bus, but not like Rapid at all physically.
i remember once we took my liquid paper andwrote scribbled at the back of the seat.
Dating in the bus.it was like, fun. puppy love kind. but never that serious. we always had his friends with us. laughing and talking. vandalising and mesmerising.
That one photo of us was taken when he bought himself a hand phone after saving up from working at a catering service, so i remember how he told me.
He had it printed out and gave one copy to me. behind the photograph proudly written what we had scribbled in at the back of the seat
I kept it in one of my books. then I thought I lost it. I found it this morning, as I couldnt sleep, lying on my bed sobbing.
we lost touch. =(
i was a naughty one. wore eye make up. dyed my hair. wore tudung to school to conceal the dye and took it off once i was out of the school gate. seriously bad. haha never mind. as bad as i was the school called me back to give a speech okay!
lets drop it.
Its a nice picture, I must admit. Oh,no, not the subject. Well, since I cant have it published I have all say on it, no?
Its in sepia. i was half pouting/half smiling,the way i always do, wearing the school baju kurung.
a guy was sitting next to me, he was in school uniform too, sticking his tongue out.
we looked like a couple of punks, but happy.
then it all came back to me.
***********************
"hey..is this seat still available?"
of all seat in the almost empty bus he chose the one at the most back, the one near where i was sitting. he was bald, and tall. he was with his two friends, all clad in their school uniforms.
i stole a glance. Anderson. The school.
"yeah."
i said, moving my heavy school bag to give way for them. they sat, and talked a bit, before lighting some cigarettes.
at this point i must explain that i am super duper sensitive to smoke, especially in a bus like Perak Roadways, with its poor ventilation.
"oh, you dont like smoke, eh?"
"well, its just, i'm..asthmatic."
i felt like a disabled person.
"oh, sorry."
he gave the expression like he thought i was going to die or something; worried. then he threw his cigarette on the floor and stepped on it.
"dude, that one is still long"
i heard one of his friend said.
"thanks. i mean, you really dont have to do that"
"nahh...its okay. i mean, smoking is bad for health after all"
"yeah..."
i was being stupid, not knowing what to say to a guy who threw his cigarette away upon knowing i cant stand it.
then his friend pulled his ear and whispered loudly. paradox.
"you like her, dont you?"
he purposedly made it loud so i could hear. the boys were funny.
"where do you go for school?"
"poi lam"
"oh....err...hehe...what's your name?"
"just call me Schue."
"oh...i'm Man. erm, are you a Malay?"
"yeah...."
"All along I thought you were Chindian."
It seems that fate has it, we always bumped into each other after school, taking the same bus home. the Rapid-like bus, but not like Rapid at all physically.
i remember once we took my liquid paper and
Dating in the bus.it was like, fun. puppy love kind. but never that serious. we always had his friends with us. laughing and talking. vandalising and mesmerising.
That one photo of us was taken when he bought himself a hand phone after saving up from working at a catering service, so i remember how he told me.
He had it printed out and gave one copy to me. behind the photograph proudly written what we had scribbled in at the back of the seat
SchuMan was here
I kept it in one of my books. then I thought I lost it. I found it this morning, as I couldnt sleep, lying on my bed sobbing.
we lost touch. =(

No comments:
Post a Comment