Friday, October 8, 2010

My parents' different connotation towards the phrase "FAILIN IN EXAM"

assalamualaikum peeps!

yeah, English again. lol I have to start using English more now. You'll see why. Wish I were more like Abg Azhan TEYL, who even melatah " oh mak kau meletop barang jatuh" in English...which sounded a bit like this,

"Oh your mother explodes things are falling down!"
wow, with correct English grammar and sentence structure! Mr Teoh will be proud of him.

well that shows that Azhan thinks in English even, something which I should start to , cuz, well,

exam's in less than a month. Final exam. for PPISMP B. Ed TESL students. Me.

***********************

Ummi texted me yesterday.

I was havin some discussion with my friends in cafe, an important one,
but when I saw Mom's pic appeared at the contact picture,
well I couldnt possibly ignore that one,

heard of Si Tanggang?

haha I dont wanna turn into a rock in the middle of a discussion

so as a good daughter, i read the message.

"Salam, walid here. what are u up to? Fb? dont waste time, if u fail ur finals, i'll take back ur lappy"

i told you honestly rite afta that text, i couldnt concentrate on my work anymore.
ummi and walid's faces linger in my brain.

ummi.
walid.
ummi.
walid.

ARRRRRRRRHGHHHHHHH!!!

when i was young ummi and walid were really fierce when it comes to exams.

studies.

Walid knows no chinese, but he thought me chinese calligraphy.

and Ummi sent me to school every morning.

checked my school bags and homework.

walid grounded me when i got only 4A's for trial UPSR instead of 7. but heck the whole grounded thing wasnt an issue cuz i didnt go out a lot too.

remember when u were younger you were lot less stuborn.
when i was younger i was a lot less stuborn.

now. pray tell.

********************

my parents have different ideas when it comes to failing exam.

to them,

it's not ur typical D or E.

it's not being able to get the results THEY want.

whatever results THEY want?

hurm?

I remember the little feast Ummi made when I got A for LDv and LDs.

She was so excited bout it.

It wud kill me to see her knowin me failin.

But of course, walid will kill me first.

No comments: