Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Day I LOST my Identity. Card. ahaha~




29th August 0225
Throbbing pain in my head. A lot of things happened today. Or was it all a dream? Where am I?
Home.
The loud noise woke me up. Huh. Couldn’t believe I would call it noise. My phone yelled at me. Avenged Sevenfold’s Afterlife.
New text message.
Emmet*.
I smiled.
“Mu won! 3-0...yaho0!
I smiled again. This time it was because of Man United. My brain hummed “Glory Glory Man United”. I wanted to sing. But Emmet told me to sleep, which was what I did.
I was happy. Indeed I was. It wasn’t a dream.
I smiled again. This time, a brighter one.  And went back to sleep.
                                                                                **************
The day before had been awful. Yeah. The journey home never felt longer. I waited for a bus to Gelugor, which apparently, never did appear. When it finally did, I was busy showing direction to some lady from Sungai Petani. Gosh I suck at giving direction. I can’t even give an accurate one on Ipoh, let alone Penang. She looked, however, desperate. I helped. Or did it?

But hey. If she gets lost all she has to do is to start all over again. Oh come on. This is an island. Not like you’ll find yourself in Thailand or something.

The ATM in Gelugor ran out of cash. There was only one thing that can kill my day and that would be it. With only RM1.30 in my purse, I rang for my dad from a phone booth. Being single made me have no intention whatsoever to reload my prepaid.  And the stupid college! Why can’t you have one goddamn ATM??

Dad sounded busy. I’m working, kitty, he said. My walid has never been this mean. I pouted. A couple of guys were looking at me.  Ok, I must have looked stupid then, talking to a phone booth. Whatever. For the first time I felt like I was stranded in a marooned island.

 I tried again. Another ATM. God knows how I feel like cursing as I write this. I felt relieved when the machine wrote “Please take your cash.”

Ah, the sights of a few sheets of RM10 notes never made me feel better.

Another hell of waiting. This time. To the terminal. Drag. I don’t have enough coins. So what, I asked myself. It’s about time to use my charm anyway. The Rapid bus driver pitied me. I tried to be friendly. Smile. Look sweet. Sound sweet. Normally I wouldn’t. In this kind of circumstances? Hell NO!

I arrived (finally)at the terminal just before the bus left. I was so lucky there were lots of vacant seats, though I needed only one. I got into the bus. Ah, beautiful. The air-cond was just perfect. Now I can get some sleep.

 There was this freaky dude behind me. Only him. Bald. Not the Lex-Luthor-or-Vin-Diesel-or-the-Hitman-guy bald, which I seriously love. But the middle age bald. And fat. He smiled at me. Eew. Not my type, I quickly concluded and hugged my lappy bag. Eyes closed.

Ipoh.
 I love Ipoh. The sight of my school as we passed by made me start reminiscing the ol’ time. I wish it were schoolday. Then I could drop by and say HI to the teachers. They always remember me.

Like, WHAT? WHERE THE HELL IS MY PURSE?

I searched and searched. In my lappy bag. Nope. My another bag. Nope. OMG.
The bus was moving. The next stop will be somewhere the other side of Ipoh, which is, to put it geographically, imagine my house in Perlis and the other stop as Johor. Like WTF? I have to stop here, I thought.

I grabbed my things and got off the bus. I was worried bout my purse, but I was positive it was in my bag. One of my bags. Which, much to my chagrin, wasn’t.

I wanted to cry.

I lost my Identity card,my ATM card. My lovely KMPP student card. My passport photos, in which I have looked so sweet. There were other stuffs as well, a Tesco choice membership card being one of it, but it all didn’t matter as much as the purse itself.

My walid has chosen it for me. I love it.

Home.

Ummi was helpful, and comforting, which surprised me.
I remember as a little girl when I lost all the money I got from Raya. RM20, in coins and RM1 notes, was a lot to a 7 year old. Ummi was so mad at me that the next day I had fever.
I still have my passport at least. Though it was to expire come December.
                                                                                **************          
28th August 2359
One minute before the day ended. One minute, I shall rephrase, before the dreadful day ended.
Emmet.
He texted me.
It helped that someone was there and listened to me. Well, he didn’t literally listened. We were texting.
And Emmet kept saying, poor you, which made me feel like I’m in Bersamamu or something.

*Name has been changed for privacy and protection. Haha. 

3 comments:

chris federick said...

wow what a day 0.0 Did u report on ur atm card?

schueism said...

yea. I did. lol. 30 bucks for IC. dang.

Anonymous said...

tu lah cuai sgt.