Monday, September 20, 2010

i'm back!

so the 2 weeks long break is nothing but over...

did i just call it break? lol. i had a tiring break.hah. pretty paradox.

all this while the idea of break to me is resting under the trees, by the beach, smiling and frolicking as the wind blows, reading a page from the Memoirs of A Geisha....

well i did none of those, except maybe i managed to sorta "borrow" my aunt's Peugeot and went to the Port Dickson Beach. woot2.



yea, and I did read 

the Memoirs of A Geisha....


i'm pretty ancient am i not? the movie was released like, 4 years ago?

but heck it was a good book. love the way the story is told. but hate how a male author trying to tell of a woman being erotic. hate it hate it. (wow, i sound like a good gal!)
so Raya was like, different this year. the whole descendants (ecece) of Mohamad Ali did not go back to the pusaka (family) house in Lubok Cina.

so it was like,
no more creepy bathrooms, 
no more sleepless nights due to the sounds of owl and woodpeckers
no more scary nights having to do your "business" at the toilet outside...

ah, i miss those days when all of us would sleep in the huge living room and looked like,
errmm, Flood Victims in Pakistan?heeee

Raya was, i tell u, tiring.
and a bit kinda...emm..well I cudnt say much here cuz everyone has Facebook and that includes all my cousins, aunts....Uwan, my Gran, I aint sure.

Facebook. yea

Thats the craze these days. maybe next Raya no more ghetto (get-together), lets just KIT in FB.heee

but like all the previous years we went to relatives' house.
and people just couldnt stop commenting bout how i've grown up
(they say that every year)


(the so-called grown-up looks)

and my aunt talked about posting in Sabah.....and stuffs....

"apply to go to Lahad Datu bah, dokek dongan makngah, but remember to find a calon first. Dont want you to sangkut to any Sabahan guy and stay there for good like me."

(translation: apply for Lahad Datu, near to me, but remember to look for a future husband first. I dont want you to fall for any Sabahan guy and stay there for good like me."

and another aunt butted in
"hang carik anak mami penang laa nanti naa"
(translation: look for a penangite then.)

 its funny how a Negri Sembilan lady tried to imitate the Penang accent, so I giggled.


"hidung mancung" another aunt said. (boy i have lots of aunts dont I)....according to my aunt Penangites have sharp nose.

Dad aint a penangite but his nose is sharp enough i guess
dad..but it was said we have Arab descent....

my so-called Arabic look...yea ryte arabic laa sgt
and then the first aunt said,
"or do you already have someone in college?"

this time I gave a firm answer. no more giggle. (i giggled during the Salam session.)

no, i dont,aunt. i really dont. 

she looked at me with this sceptical look. ok. like I'm the bad girl.


well. at least they dont ask about results, exam results anymore.


the funniest part is when they were giving off duit Raya.
sometimes I got more.


sometimes. NONE.


"blaja kek mano ni?" where r u studyin?
"Institut Prguruan." Teaching Institute.
"oh, xpayahlah." Oh, no need then.


damn.
well. and i finally know how they cook Rendang. Gonna try it when I'm home and Ummi's not. heee.


and its also different when I had this Raya Ghetto  with my cousies.


in McD


wearin JEANS and Cardie instead of Baju Raya.
eatin BuRgers instead of LeMANg..well...hahaha




well. i've been busy. do forgive me if u found this piece boring. i understand. lolx.

2 comments:

Mohamad Shahrilniza said...

i loikee ur writing

schueism said...

thanks a lot!! i love ur photography skills!!