Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dignity (Now this is where I get angry at people and stuffs)

even though my blog is far from popular, i have friends wanting me to write about them in it, which, according to them, is supposed to make it more interesting. yeah right. so well, here's one.


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-


Nah..just kidding. Writing about them ought to be tedious, no? Boring little people kahkahkah. Now that was pretty harsh. All right then, I have this story about an incident that happened to a best friend recently.


*****


It was just one fine evening when the weather wasn't too hot, she and a male friend (who wears mascara, yes he does,) were planning to go to the nearest hypermarket in town. 


So the male friend who's a bit on the softer side said to his friend about going to Tesco with this girl. And his friend replied,


"menjatuhkan dignity je jalan dengan perempuan tu"


denotative translation: it'll just tarnish my dignity to walk with her
conotative translation: i'm a stupid, shallow jerk who thinks i look so good while i'm actually vain.


My friend, the girl, when told of the accident, was more shocked than hurt. For one thing, she has never spoken even a single word to him, despite us being in the same campus for nearly two years. I haven't spoke to him before either. Well, rumors had it that he mixes around only with good looking guys and girls. Vanity!


(well not surprisingly I don;t belong in the "good-looking category"--how painful it is to have people who become your friend because they think you're beautiful. we all know you're gonna lose your looks one day.)


The thing is, I have nothing against that guy. He ain't disturbing my life and me him, so we'll just live peacefully in this earth, being indifferent to one another. 


But I laughed at how shallow he is, about his concept of dignity. That was really childish and immature of him, for a 20-year-old teacher-to-be who is so proud and judgmental towards people.


Dignity isn't something you can see. It isn't about the clothes one wear, or the way one behave. Or how beautiful or handsome or ugly or plain he/she looks like. 


Beauty is only skin deep. Dignity, my darling, isn't. So don't a hell be so shallow. There's more to the things that tarnish your dignity.


Even walking next to a criminal, drug addicts, prostitutes wont hurt your dignity. Heck, I dont know about walking with a politician when the election is rumoured to be coming though.


Damn I mengarut already.

No comments: