Saturday, March 17, 2012

Family Dinner :)


Gathered at the dinner table in the kitchen, I was busy texting a friend when Mom asked me to set the table. I was going to skip dinner then, until I heard from the radio that skipping meal doesn’t mean losing weight for it reduces your metabolism rate. I slipped myself into one of the chairs.

Mom and Dad were having their petty trifles arguments.

“Why aren’t you eating?”

“I ate an early dinner with Adam.”

“You had dinner without me.” Mom said.

“You gonna eat those sausages, Along?” Nabiel asked.

“Do Mom and Dad always argue like this, Adam?” I asked.

“You had dinner without me last week. I didn’t fuss.”

“Along, Nabiel’s taking you sausages.” This comes from Adam.

“Yeah, sometimes they argue about the weather”.

“I waited to have dinner with you today and you ate first!”

“Hey, give it back. I didn’t have any sausages in Penang.”

“Why are you fighting over sausages?”
“Why are you fighting over who have dinners first?”

Dinner at my household.
What do you expect? Oh except the worse I haven’t really told yet.
My phone beeped. An incoming text.

“Oh there it beeps again. Boyfriend?”

“Mom, oh my God, boyfriend? What am I, like 14?”

“You don’t do boyfriend at this age?”

“What, wait, are you lesbian?”My dad and his radioactive stare into my eyes.

“Dad! I wont like girls. I’m glad I’m a girl. That way I wouldn’t have to date one. They’re so complicated. One minute they date one, they other minute they are in love with another.

“Are you dating girls?” Nabiel asks.

“And they are so worked up over petty things. They get mad easily over little trifles.”

“Like who had dinner first.” This comes from Dad. 

Suddenly Adam shouted.

“Along EAT NOW AND DO HOMEWORK AFTER THIS”


No comments: