![]() |
| this is how assembly look like at my school. poilam. |
So today I skipped assembly again. Last December a letter greeted my parents, leading to an 18 bucks fine (2 McDs according to someone) for missing the assemblies and some classes. If I were to commit the same crime again, I'd be in court. In a trial. The college kind, which I seriously have no idea what it means.
Anyways, Ummi made me go to some wedding last year. I refused to.
"I think I wanna be an anti-social, Mom."
I said, not wanting to get up, get dressed, apply cake-like make ups on my face and go to a wedding I have no idea who the brides and grooms are. I mean, I'd be happy to go if it were, say, one of my classmates?
"I don't care if you're turning anti-social, committing social suicides whatsoever. Just make sure you go to assemblies."
she said, and I was "checkmated". I also made a promise to her I would go to assemblies so long as she stop dragging me to boring preppy old wedding.
I didn't purposely skip the assembly today though. I had this stomach ache even the doctor couldn't explain. He gave me medicine for my symptoms, asked me when was my last period, if I had nausea and all the shits. Maybe he thought I was pregnant. I don't know. He even asked if I took poison or ate grass. Like seriously?
One thing that I missed during the assembly this morning, apart from a good look at my handsome lecturer Mr Tony Stark, and some of the students who are in the Director's List,you know, like the Dean List at universities, is an explanation why the pointers from my cohort is so low. Even the most hardworking ones get too average pointers. Seriously.
But me, naturally, knowing me, I don't give a damn about it that much. At the end of the day it's what I learnt, not what I get on paper.
Though it's pretty damn low. Heck, what was I expecting? #vain
*photo courtesy of Facebook SMJK Poi Lam Ipoh * 培南国民型中学
*photo courtesy of Facebook SMJK Poi Lam Ipoh * 培南国民型中学

2 comments:
i don't care about my pointer too. pointer does not measure intelligence :)
*true story :P
hahaha. but. i have neither high pointers nor intelligent. hahaha
Post a Comment