Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The other woman



              
To be intimate with a married man, when my own father cheated on my mother, is not something I could forgive.......I could not, could not look at myself in the morning if I did that".


That was one quote I read years ago, probably at the age of 14 or something. Guess who said that? Keep on reading, I’ll tell you at the end of it. You’ll be surprised.

Then there was another quote, one that I read in a raunchy, almost-Playboy magazine (I think it’s called Jane—with Anna Kournikova as the cover girl), it sounded something like,

“Girls who sleep with other girls’ boyfriend are unsistersly.”

I was 14, too, I remember, though I can recall keeping the magazine till I was in Form 4 and showed it to Naomi one night in her room, giggling wickedly at a picture of a white guy, naked.

(now that's lexical ambiguity, but heck the white guy was naked, not me or Naomi!)

Ah that’s it will ya?

Well, at the age of 14, maybe younger, I had the idea that it is entirely wrong for someone to have a relationship with someone who is married or dating someone else.

My own grandfather left my grandmother and married with another woman, and I’ve heard stories about my Dad and his siblings grew up without their father’s love and attention, and so concluded that being the other woman is wrong and unacceptable, something I would never, ever do. 

6 years later, now, I became the kind of woman I hate, the woman I avoid. This is a confession of the other woman. 


At times I feel like a bitch, like a sin or something. 

It must’ve hurt a lot, no? for a woman to know that her boyfriend is cheating on her?  A lot of time I imagined myself in that position. 


Ah, my own ex cheated me for another girl. I ought to know better. 


My story was way more painful, with him not telling me the truth. I don’t blame him, who would? It was very despicable of him, to have badmouthed me in order to get attention from this other girl. Funny is, girls tend to have a soft spot to this kind of jerks, loser, motherfuckers. And what’s worse than knowing about a loved one’s affair from a best friend?

The hurt may be gone, but the scar will never go away. No matter how much dermatology lotion of whatchamacallit placebo brand you applied. No matter how many times  you’ve gone for laser treatment or plastic surgery. Cut the crap it aint funny Schue.

I’m tired of being the cheated one. Let me be the cheating 
this time. Why not, eh? That way, I won't be cheated. Ever. That way, maybe my heart won't break as hard again. 

Life is, after all, about being happy right?

oh, and stop Googling for that quote. It's Angelina Jolie baby. That was way before Brangelina, I supposed?

No comments: