Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hello and Goodbye

"You always start with hello."

Some say that I was on a kind of "Eat, Pray Love",
and sthat I completely abandoned all kinds of hedonistic living. 

All we know is I'm back, safe and sound. Well, nothing's on this blog has changed. Neither have I. Although a couple of pretty significant life-changing events did occur since I last posted anything.

Like the passing of a dear lecturer. 

Now, make that two. Another succumbed to also cancer last 2 weeks. It was heart-wrenching, really, but this is life, people come and go. 

Everyone you meet today will leave you someday. Some already did. Some will come back, some will forget you, some will remember, and not a few will leave great memories for you. 

"And love lost will always be love. It takes a different form, that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it."

and no one can take the memories away from you. Unless of course you get into a crash or something and suffered memory loss. 

No comments: